When last we left it, the siding project of the summer was awaiting some new hardware and the back-ordered screen for the new window. Well, when the screen finally arrived, we realized the window was just not of the quality we wanted. We talked to the lumberyard, and they agreed we could return it, and we ordered a Marvin Integrity fiberglass window. The new window arrived as promised this time, in a mere 10 days, whoo hoo!
While Ellen and I worked in the garden on Saturday, Dan installed the window. Naturally, the new window was not available in exactly the same size as the other window, so he had to make some framing changes, and cut new window trim to fit.
Today, Dan and I finished installing the siding. It was a long day, but we finished and it looks pretty good. Dan had cleverly painted the siding earlier, as the temps have been cooling here, so we did not have to paint much today, just any cuts we had to make.
We’ll fill in any remaining gaps with caulk, and finish painting the trimif the weather cooperates, if not, then we’ll paint next spring when the weather warms. We will have quite a bit of work to do around the foundation in this area, regrading, laying weed block and putting down gravel around the perimeter of the foundation, but it sure feels great to have the siding job done.
Of course, we need to install some trim inside, and then it will be on to the next project, sigh.