I’m making good progress in the garden now that my days in the office have ended for the summer (yay!). Almost all my transplants are set out, just a few purchased Brussels sprouts I purchased yesterday remain. Over the past few days and with Dan’s help, I managed to plant the remaining lettuce, some bok choi, potatoes, more broccoli and cauliflower, and sow some cucumbers and squash seeds in the vegetable garden. This morning, I sowed more lettuce, and some cilantro and dill, and then I peeked under the brassica row cover. The broccoli and cauliflower I set out in April is heading up — there will probably be broccoli for dinner some night soon. I also set out all my flower seedlings, a mix of zinnias, black-eyed Susans, bachelor buttons, and salvia. I also sowed some sunflower seeds in both the flower bed and the vegetable garden.
In the midst of all this, we’ve been weeding and fluffing the perennial beds, and starting a big refresh of the house. We have a fabulous contractor repairing and patching sheetrock and replacing the textured ceiling in the living room. Once he is done, we’ll be doing some painting.
We have one other little problem to solve, too. I need a groundhog sniper.